• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

After market air cleaner filter replacement

Yourbike

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm new to the group and have a 1972 CB 750 project I'm working on. The carburetor slides were stuck and I removed the RIC? (in photo)aftermarket air cleaner on the bike to free up the slides and found the foam element disintegrated with age. Is anyone familiar with this make of air cleaner for a replacement element? Looking at similar threads there was mention of Steel Dragon air cleaners and wonder if their elements may fit? Also, I was thinking of replacing this setup if I can't find a replacement foam element with the K&N Pods. Would the Pods function in the same manner as the current air cleaner setup, in which both setups provide more airflow, keeping the jetting the same?

Thanks,

P1180415.jpgP1180414.jpgP1180416.jpg

I'm new to the group and have a 1972 CB 750 project I'm working on. The carburetor slides were stuck and I removed the RIC? (in photo)aftermarket air cleaner on the bike to free up the slides and found the foam element disintegrated with age. Is anyone familiar with this make of air cleaner for a replacement element? Looking at similar threads there was mention of Steel Dragon air cleaners and wonder if their elements may fit? Also, I was thinking of replacing this setup if I can't find a replacement foam element with the K&N Pods. Would the Pods function in the same manner as the current air cleaner setup, in which both setups provide more airflow, keeping the jetting the same?

Thanks,

View attachment 9585View attachment 9586View attachment 9587

If you’re referring to the gray between the two metal screens in the picture I have used this on several of my old bikes where the foam deteriorated....it’s cut to size and should work fine...

Cycle gear and most motorcycle shops have some in stock there are various thicknesses available online

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIloiD-vaT7gIVDOWzCh0c-w0NEAQYBCABEgKPXPD_BwE

Back