• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What plugs??

kal-el428

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking around the internet and in my Clymer about spark plug info and have noticed that there are many plugs that will work. I am lost.
What is a good all around plug that wont break the bank?

NGK D8EA is the only plug I have ever used in the 750.

I think most people would agree that an acceptable alternative is the Champion RA8HC (or #810). They are available at almost every auto parts store if you get caught somewhere. But a resistor plug has different spark duration so best to stay with the NGK.

I have never had luck with any Champion plug. I have had them foul and misfire several time. If a car came into the shop with a running problem and they had Champions or Bosch plug the first thing we did was swap them out. Just for everyone reference, Honda speced NGK 8es (which is the old version of the current 8ea) or Denso X-24ES. NGK or Denso seem to work the best in Honda. Honda cars seem to run better on NGK plugs as well. I had a Honda Accord that would run rich and foul the plugs, someone put Autolites in it, swapped for NGK and rich code went away and ran great. About the only thing I will put Champions in is my lawn mower.

Thanks Digger.

In a car, everytime I have changed plugs, I have also changed the wires. Since the wires are apart of the coil on the 750, should I replace the coil too? The bike runs well, I just want to do a light "tune up" before riding season starts.

You know my grandpa told me Champion Plugs killed more American pilots then the Japs did. Oh and he was the crash inspector for Continental engines.

kal-el If your not having problems with the coils then no need to replace them, just do the plugs.

Jackbeagle, no need to take it so personal, you gave your opinion as an option and so did everyone else. If you have good luck with the Champions then more power to you. We are here to help and different people have luck with different parts, no one is here to ruffle feathers just pass on information.:cheers:

I have been looking around the internet and in my Clymer about spark plug info and have noticed that there are many plugs that will work. I am lost.
What is a good all around plug that wont break the bank?

I found on the NGK website that they offer a iridium plug that is a direct cross reference to the D8EA.its # isDR8EIX. im gonna put these in mine when I do my next major tune up. ill post my findings accordingly

Back