• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

7a tail fuse

trimboli1992

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Gents, I have a cb750f 1976 and my 7a tail fuse blows immediately as I turn the keys to on. I have taken all tape off the wires and traced everything and nothing seems out of place or corroded. my tach and speedo lights don't work my starter switch doesn't work and it doesn't trigger the starter motor at all im guessing all is because of the fuse blown. I have read people have the same problems but no one has solved it. my question is could I turn that into two separate fuses? maybe two inline fuses to take some of the amperage away from it. anything would be helpful. im tired of messing with wires.

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 142
The fuse blows because there IS something wrong there, doesn't matter if you can't find it.

Your pic is worthless, when blown up bigger to read it the lettering is illegible.

Hello trim. Some on here suggest that the wires inside the tach or speedo could be at fault. If you want a dirty way to find your issue wrap the fuse in foil. A spent .22 case works as well. A direct short will show up with either smoke or hot wire. Be quick on the key. Good luck

Back