• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

75 to 78 compatibility

dirtbiketimmy

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum, as I've just acquired a 1975 cb750k. I really like the bike, it (almost) runs well, and I have wanted one for a long time. Sadly, the title is long lost and in my state (sc) it is not easy to get another one. My plan is to get a frame with a title and swap everything over from my k5 to another frame. I know there are ways to go about titling a bike but i think it would be fun and a good way to learn about the bike to take it all apart and rebuild it. I found a frame nearby, but it is a 1978.

So my question is: What kind of issues will I run into with swapping everything, forks, engine, wheels, tank, etc. from a k5 to a frame from a k8?

Thanks for your help,

Tim

none if your wanting to A, make a bike to ride, B, build a custom, or C, don't care about its value.
If you want a bike that will go up in value, get a title, and keep it a 75. I doubt 77-78 SOHC will ever see the value of the early Ks.
got any relatives in Indiana?

Thanks for the reply. Really I just want to ride the thing and probably keep it for a long time so the value is not so important to me. Unfortunately I don't have any relatives in any convenient title states. I'm sure I will be referencing and asking questions on this site as I rebuild it, so thanks.

Its just plain frustrating how hard it is for people in some states to deal with getting titles and liscensing. I am glad I am in SD, fill out a form give em some money and you are set.

Everything should be a pretty much bolt on deal for the swap.

I used International Title Service once with success. It costs a couple hundred dollars but only took like 3 weeks.

Back