• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cb750c serial number

Zwerten

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello i’am new here and i life in Belgium.
I bought myself a cb750c. The previous owner told my that the bike came from America where it had a speedometer in miles and he changed it into km. The certificate of comformity says that the bike is from 1981, its in Dutch and came from Aalst (Honda Benelux).
I think they bave changed the frame number plate.
Is anyone know something about serialnumbers?
The motornumber is RC01E-2238849
The framenumber RC06-2004954

Thanks

The RC06 prefix on frame is indeed '81-'83 CB750C custom. Engine may not be original, looks like CB750K (RC01) and probably from '81 or '82.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, i also think that the engine is not original. I find on the internet: HONDA CB750K(RC01)
Framecode RC01 Year 79-82 Yearcode ZAB
Frame Numbers RC01-2000121-RC01-2300006
Horsepower 77 PS, 57 kw
My motornumber is between those numbers.
How can i find out that the bike was ever registred in the USA?

The speedo may be a hint, US spec ones only went up to 85 mph through there for a bit, the world spec speedos went to 150ish or so. They often got changed for that. If bike has not been repainted there should be an EPA sticker on it showing compliance with US regulations. If bike has any sort of low volt city lamp, that would not be US either. If the VB code on left side of carbs is not VB42 then not US either, the US carbs also have idle mixture limiters on the screws and there is an accelerator pump on US ones but not Euro, on the bottom of the number #2 carb. Assuming the likelihood of changed engine but not carbs.

I do not know on the actual registration itself.

Honda seems to do the numbers beginning with 200 for first year of the frame or engine model. Meaning 200 there for the C frame which changed to be new that year. and the K engine is a 230 meaning 4th year of that engine. They are not exact though.

Back