• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

kirky

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
i am new here and new to working on Japanese bikes because all the others I have owned never needed work. I am more of a brit bike person and have owned a bsa for 40+ years. the last honda I had was a 750f2 in the early 90's and now because I liked it so much I have dived in and bought another. well it turns out only by the stickers on the side panels. after lots of confusion and research it turns out to be a 1979 Japanese market cb750FZ, I didn't notice all its other stickers were In Japanese. I am not computer literate as such but I hope to get by and with the help of you people get some answers to what up to now are many questions, cheers.

A BSA not needing any work? That's a new one to me, they were well known for breaking down left and right and even worse during the union strike years. Their electrics during those years were some of the worst in the entire world. How Triumph was able to buy them, the shoddy workmanship killed the line. In the late '60s, '70s. The quality control was awful on those bikes.

I meant not having to work on jap bikes, yes the quality control was rubbish I had a t160 trident and the chrome just peeled off the forks without corrosion and the previous owner worked at marconis and re wired it with special anti theft devices. the first owner who sold it me said it burnt oil from being brand new I partly stopped this when my dad made longer valve guides , the bsa I have is a slightly tuned café racer shooting star pre unit. 22833506_979470045525388_868119528_o.jpg

Back