• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Anyone tried "Niche" batteries?

Dave

CB750 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I see AMC and Dirtdigger still answering everyone questions. I'm hoping you can answer mine.

I need a new battery for a BMW and I'm looking at both the Yuasa and Niche. The price is the same and both are AGM type. Yuasa seems to have been around forever and Niche fairly new. The Niche has some impressive specs though. I'm hoping someone has some experience with Niche batteries?

Niche YT19BL vs Yuasa YT19BL-BS

TLDR;

The motorcycle gods have smiled on me again and I have been given a 97 BMW R1100R. (Same price I paid for my 74 CB750K) I know first hand that it was dropped off at the dealer about a year ago with instructions to "Make it like new". It was ridden daily after that until the owner bought a HD. The BMW was parked last summer and he forgot to hook up the battery tender.

PS My Honda will be going up for sale, if anyone gives a shit :D It's far from stock and could sure use some TLC but it fires right up and runs great.

IMG_20201213_122043345.jpg

Last edited:
I for one have never even heard of Niche, but of course that means nothing.

My research turned up that Niche is a fairly new company focusing on online reselling of motorcycle accessories, clothes, bags, etc. Batteries are a new thing for them and obviously someone else is making them for them and printing thier logo on the case but they are not forthcoming with that info so...

I bought the Yuasa. They've been around a long time, they make their batteries in the USA, and they are actually an OEM supplier to BMW.

PS Anyone know of a BMW oilhead forum similar to this one?

Back