• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

how are the coils wired

Neilx7

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi,
please can someone tell me the correct way the blue yellow black and white are on the coils

cb750FB 1981uk model

coil 1-4 blue to the + pos terminal black/white to the - neg terminal theses are looped together to each coil
coil 2-3 yellow to the + pos terminal black/white to the - neg terminal theses are looped together to each coil

is this the correct way

thanks
neil

Likely, if they do it is severely weakened.

Then I began to think about it. That is on common coil secondary winding grounded with the primary like cars use. On these which are waste spark, the secondary grounds with the other paired plug, it should not matter which primary wire goes where.

Still, all wiring harness layouts show the black as being power supply, black in Honda wiring is commonly power not ground.

thanks amc49 for that info,
I have a starting issue, the bike has ran not problem since the rebuild, but now it decided not to start.
I think I have got an issue with weak spark
compression all 150psi
new coils leads plug caps
carbs all refurbished and clean fresh petrol.
I can get the engine to splutter in some sort of life but not run
then it just will not start even to a splutter
if I look at the plugs (new plugs) they are wet with petrol
when I test the spark it is yellow and i think it should be a more of a blue spark
I am thinking of replacing the spark units
would that be a good next step

No, they both don't go bad at the same time, besides that they really fon't go bad at all.

Likely flooding at carbs. Nobody ever gets them clean enough and often have to try 3-4 times.

Back