• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

advice on bike for purchase/what to look out for

jgeezy

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post in this forum. I'm looking for my first road bike, and I came across a 1981 cb750k with 8300 miles for $1500. Guy who owns it is an older gentleman who bought it from a car dealer not running, said it had sat for a while. He cleaned the fuel tank, rebuilt the carbs, and chucked a new battery on it, and it started right up. Replace fork seals as well. Haven't heard it run yet, he said he's working on getting a video set up, but I'm wondering if this is a good buy. I've gotten screwed on bikes before and it's made me a tad paranoid, so I'd love to hear some advice, or if there are things to watch out for on these older bikes, especially something I can check when taking a look at the bike before buying.

thanks in advance for the help!

I;d say to run it through it's paces, get it hot and then look for oil leaks at the gaskets. To me, $1500 for that miles is a very good price. But that depends on the condition and paint as well.

Back