• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1995 CB750 Wont Start

alistair

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I am brand new to motorcycles and mechanics of their engines. I have a 1995 CB750 Nighthawk that was running until a few days ago when it refused to start .... engine clicked once when the starter button was pushed. I tried some electrical testing and all seemed okay (not sure, cause i don't really know what I was doing).
Eventually I took off the starter motor. It seemed to be gunked up with grease. I cleaned it out a bit, reinstalled. Now the engine clicks and the starter moves slightly when I try to jump it from my pick-up battery.
Is the battery meant to be full of grease etc? Any other ideas of what could be wrong?

Don't just go through the battery, go through to your starter, charging system as a whole. Be methodical in how you address the problem. You might want to invest in a good Shop/Service manual. Get a Honda one if you can find one. Amazon carries most OEM manuals. As does you Honda shop.

Back