• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1995 CB750 Wont Start

alistair

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I am brand new to motorcycles and mechanics of their engines. I have a 1995 CB750 Nighthawk that was running until a few days ago when it refused to start .... engine clicked once when the starter button was pushed. I tried some electrical testing and all seemed okay (not sure, cause i don't really know what I was doing).
Eventually I took off the starter motor. It seemed to be gunked up with grease. I cleaned it out a bit, reinstalled. Now the engine clicks and the starter moves slightly when I try to jump it from my pick-up battery.
Is the battery meant to be full of grease etc? Any other ideas of what could be wrong?

Make sure you have 12.6 volts at the battery check it with a multimeter then hit the starter if it dropped severely you have a battery problem... Always start at your 12 v at the battery then work your way from there a test light and a multimeter will be your best friend

Back