• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 cb750f super sport carbs swap

tryku33

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I bought a 1980 cb750f super sport. Unfortunately carbs are broken- someone used a hammer to take them out and dent them. I found on Craigslist a pretty nice set from custom model (K) and bought them today. Unfortunately I didn’t do research. They look almost the same but not identical. Even springs inside are different.
Can I use them to my super sport?
If I use them, should I take jets from my original carbs and install in “new” set?
Let me know please
Thanks for help
Pat

amc49- thank You very much for respond
I just checked number on that set
Looks like VB 42AGTL
G is placed in a square
Does affect any way on engine if I install that set?

VB 42A, they will work fine. Provided they are in working shape of course, these are among the worst for getting stopped up to make you clean them often 3-4 times before they are right.

Ill try to clean them, don’t have a choice. I already buy them :) I must replace also petcock valve.
amc49 thank You again
I own You a beer

amc49
I just got a two sets of carbs.
Can you tell me what bike and year are come from, please?
VB 42ABRH - I believe is same bike like above
42BAQL - I hope these are from 1981 cb750f

Remove a fuel bowl and the rubber plug and look at slow (pilot) jet, if no screwdriver slot then '80 and earlier, if it has screwdriver slot then '81 and later, the jet unscrews. The early ones are pressed in.

Back