• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Clutch issue

SteveM

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi there, new to the group. I have an 1980 cb750c I've been working on, not sure last time it saw pavement, was a bit of a barn find. Just rebuilt clutch, new plates. My issue is when the clutch cable is attached and pulled it feels like the piston on the inside of the clutch cover, has no room. Once you get past the free play, it just won't budge, so the clutch doesn't function. Once running, kick it into first and it lurches and dies. I did soak the new plates in oil before installing and they dont seem to be stuck. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks for posting this question. I'm having the same issue. I had the issue initially and then thought I fixed it. I've had the clutch out 10-15 times trying to fix it. I thought I had it fixed, and then had an issue with the friction disks slipping. I sanded the steel plates, put it back together and how I have your issue. It's as if there is no room between the back of the pressure plate and the basket. So, the 'piston' that pushes against the front plate cannot push the back prassure plate backwards to disengage the friction plates. Let me know if you got it resolved and how you did it. THANKS!!!!!

Back