• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rear wheel centering

NatetheNoob

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Alright, it’s best time I reach out as I can‘t find a conclusive answer on the Internet.

I have altered the subframe of my 81 K, and also removed the lateral support Directly under the seat to make room for new electronics placement. I’ll replace this to keep rigidity of the frame. Before removing this large section the tailhoop and one smaller lateral support were in place.

So here’s the question: My rear wheel is roughly a centimeter left of center. Sprockets are in line. Spacers are in their correct places. Is this how it is supposed to be? Could it have shifted upon removal of support? I’ll try and upload a photo.

Thanks!

There is absolutely no way to answer that, you are the only one that can. If you are not in line on the swingarm what you are considering doesn't even come into the question.

There is absolutely no way to answer that, you are the only one that can. If you are not in line on the swingarm what you are considering doesn't even come into the question.

Thanks for the reply. I investigated a bit more with a large square and level. It’s only the subframe that slightly twisted. It shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

Back