• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

I keep blowing a fuse

Shoenfeltj

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So i have a 1980 CB750C, i have a new wiring harness, along with a new turn signal switch assembly, new starter solenoid, new turn signal clicker. But all the original sub harness's like for the ignition timing and stator are all Original. Now down to my issue, i keep blowing the 10Amp fuse for the oil light indicator in the fusebox. I have made sure that nothing to my knowledge is grounding where it shouldn't be and all the wiring connections are correct to what the oem harness and switch were. And im am out of ideas on where to look or what to do.

The problem can be the neutral light too, they use the same fuse.

Remove both black/brown wires off the neutral and oil pressure lights in the meter. Try to get fuse to short out to fail again. If the fuse blows like that the issue is inside your new harness and the fine Chinese workmanship it uses, if not then plug back in one of the wires at a time and ride until the problem shows up, it will then be one of the neutral/oil light assemblies. Possible to be there, they kink up due to no room inside to run the wiring, kinda cramped in there. Any problem will be in the black/brown, not the other lead as the other is past the load and any short simply turns the light on without blowing fuse.

So i was wrong it wasnt the oil/neutral light fuse that was blowing, it was the fuse that connects to the start/stop switch, the turn signal switch, turn signal relay, and stop light switch. So im guessing its grounding somewhere its not supposed to be. But if you could give any tips that would be helpful. Just to elaborate i have a 1980 CB750C and i am using the wiring diagram from Dothenton, alongside clymers manual.

A good thing too, I was hesitant to answer again based on the last post costing me close to 20 minutes looking up a cure to what was incorrectly pointed at as a problem.

At least you had the cajones to come out and admit it...............thank you for that. Most will simply steer you deeper into the morass that is personal action gone wrong.

Luck..........and slow down bro, the (assuming ignition) start/stop switch is not fuse controlled at all at that panel, the main 30 amp alone is over it.

Back