• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Full Face Helmet that Opens Up

rhuizenga28

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I found a helmet on Amazon for $65 that seems pretty great. The face slides up as it's a modular helmet and it has glasses that pop down as well. I always wear a full face helmet, but I had a question about how safe these modular helmets are. Does the face pop up often in a crash?

I was looking at the mechanism that holds the face in place and it looks like it's just two very thick plastic pieces on each side. The helmet is great but I wonder if this would hold up an accident.
28878b9ec929d2fac0f97f52f376f510.jpg
c4d4f81d6fe5ba105fd9da56408b9a8e.jpg

After a year of wearing a modular I was done with it...there is a lot of extra weight in the mechanisms for the sun visor and the half face that lifts up..

In the grand scheme of things it’s not a lot of weight (maybe 1/2-3/4 lb) but when you’re supporting it with your neck it gets to be a lot after an hour or so of riding...

Now I have a carbon fiber sedici and I’ll never go back it’s super light!

Also just my two cents...don’t go cheap on your head gear...best place to get a good helmet at a decent price ($200 or less) is cycle gear clearance section...you have to go to a store though not online...

When they do inventory closeouts in house you can get 4-5 hundred dollar helmets for half off...

This model is very nice. I remember I saw it recently on Amazon. The only problem for me is that not all helmets are the same size as what I see on the internet. This is why I don't order them online. Recently a friend of mine ordered a nice and cheap one from yourmotobro.com. With Bluetooth, a very nice design and the price is affordable for such a quality. My mates gifted me the same model and I am very pleased with it. It's very comfortable for long-distance rides, the quality of sound is very nice and it connects easily.

Last edited:
This model is very nice. I remember I saw it recently on Amazon. The only problem for me is that not all helmets are the same size as what I see on the internet. This is why I don't order them online. Recently a friend of mine ordered a nice and cheap one from yourmotobro.com. With Bluetooth, a very nice design and the price is affordable for such a quality. My mates gifted me the same model and I am very pleased with it. It's very comfortable for long-distance rides, the quality of sound is very nice and it connects easily.
I love it. What kind of helmet is it?

Back