• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Honda CB900F Smoke from Crankcase

CBRiderNYC

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have an issues with my 1982 Honda CB900F. I rode it today through some slow traffic for about a half hour and noticed some some smoke coming from my crankcase. It seem that once the bike gets hot enough it begins to smoke from the crackcase emissions port. I have pod filters on the bike so the tubing feeding this back into the air box has been removed. Also the port is just open to the outside, there is also no filter currently on the emissions port (something I plan to purchase)

What I’m wondering is how much of this is normal and how much of it is a concern. The bike doesn’t smoke from anywhere else, not the exhaust bikes or anywhere else on the engine. Should I be concerned that I’m burning my oil?

I’ve read this could be a sign of low compression and exhaust slipping past the piston rings but the bike runs great. I’ve also read it could be water in the oil evaporating out of the case, or fuel leaking into the case, just not sure what to make of this. Thanks for any help. IMG_4547.jpg

Back