• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

bigrobcranford

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So, I just bought a 1970 CB750 that is pretty complete that I want to do a bobber build with, but someone said "make sure it's not a KO" I'm a v-twin guy all day every day so I admit that I do not fully understand what a KO is
How do I find out if I have a KO?

Thinking it was CB750 then jumps to CB750K1, or 1971 ish model. then K2, K3, etc. Each number roughly is year made. K7 being '77 model. Yours if it says nothing on the frameplate but CB750 is a K0. The zero could mean 1970 model, I have no idea. The not being a K0 idea is likely due to the first ones being worth a lot more money original and you are about to hack it.

Somebody more knowledgeable than me will likely have something to say and if it is different then believe him.

post frame and engine serial numbers I can easily tell you what year the frame and motor are. There was never an actual K0, the first are just cb750. The "k0" was from start of production in 69 to into 1970. The K1 can be a 70 or 71 model year. After that K2, K3 etc stayed with the year...K2=1972 etc. Unless it is an ultra rare first production sandcast bike or a very complete stock bike do what you want with it.

Your engine number is a digit too short but the frame number shows it is a K1. Midway in the numbers so its a very late 1970 almost a 71

Back