• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Float and valve issue.

Reubenwrecker750

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Ive been having gas leaking out of my carbs for months. i did a full cleaning and carb rebuild. We decided to connect a hose to a gas tank and elevate it (removed from the bike) to see where its leaking from. Carb #1 is by far the worst and the others only begin to leak if you leave the gas on for a minute or two. carb #1 is leaking from the drain and then eventually starts to overflow so much it comes out towards the air box. we removed the bowl and manually pressed up on the float while gas was connected, and gas was still slightly coming from the float valve seat. we then tested this with different valves and even different floats (all made for this bike) and im still having this issue. I have a 1980 cb-750C and I am just beginning to learn about carbs. I'm assuming i either has cheap parts or there is something that is inherently wrong with my carb. if anyone has suggestions, had luck with specific companies or products please let me know.

Thanks,

Bad carbs.

If the seats the needles seal against are bad you can't fix it.

'...manually pressed up on the float while gas was connected, and gas was still slightly coming from the float valve seat.'

You're there. If they use ethanol in your local fuel there thank them for ruining your carbs.

Back