• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1982 DOHC wiring help!!

steveAtkinson

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Does anyone know of a good wiring diagram or video explanation for a 1982 CB750 DOHC. Can’t make out half the wires harness, especially the wires that come from the engine.

The wiring loom also had a component which consists of a loose spinning white Plastics cap, inside consists off various contact pads. Anyone know what this is??

Thanks I’m advance,
Steve

Probably bottom of ignition switch meaning it has come apart, or something out of one of the handlebar switches.

Hi All,
Does anyone know of a good wiring diagram or video explanation for a 1982 CB750 DOHC. Can’t make out half the wires harness, especially the wires that come from the engine.

The wiring loom also had a component which consists of a loose spinning white Plastics cap, inside consists off various contact pads. Anyone know what this is??

Thanks I’m advance,
Steve

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessori...9765&msclkid=b544f27d75451c0f0187ad43ba2f6900

The above link is to the Clymers Manual. This book is not 100% correct with EVERY detail, but is really good. In the back you'll have multiple COLOR wiring schematics. I know others will redirect you to obtain the Honda manuals and I advise to do so. But nothing better than grabbing your book and heading out to the garage with a multi-meter. It's even more convenient that having your cell phone or table with the schematics. I have do so much electrical work on my bike it's not even funny. in fact, more electrical required attention then my complete top end. The harnesses dry rot out, wires bend, fray and disconnect near the ends. Also, watch out for the heavy film that can build up on the exposed metal of the crimps rendering them isolators from years of sitting in a dusty barn engaged with dielectric grease. Good luck and ask any questions

Back