• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

A couple questions

Foolproof

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I am getting into tearing my new addition down (78 750 Super Sport) and I have found out pretty quick that a 78 is hard to find some parts for. What I am trying to do is move my ignition switch from the tree down to the frame somewhere, maybe in the same location as previous years. Well I noticed that the plug from earlier years are round or square but they only have 4 wires and mine has 5. Is there a company that make a plug and play switch for mine or can I make the 4 wire work which Im sure you can. Also being a 78 SS I cannot find the rubber intake boots for the carbs because my year and possibly because of being a SS has a bigger size on the cylinder head side and regular that mounts to the carb. Any idea where I can find boots or is it possible to change the part that is connected to the head with later year? I have heard you can swap the head with earlier ones but would rather not if possible to find replacement rubber or some other way around it. And how do these carbs do compared to the earlier ones? I hear they are overly complicated and the earlier years were easier to work with and worked better over all. Thanks for the help! :D:thumbsup:

about the rubber boots: call chad at sudco. 323-728-5407
i also moved my ignition switch all the way back behind my carbs to the right side.
no issue about round or square 4 or 5 wires. i'm only using two wires as it is. enjoy the ride.

Back