• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Stock Airbox Air Filter

1slowCB

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 CB750C. The air filter seems to fall down a few minutes after I put it in. Is there something that is supposed to be holding it up? I feel like something is missing on my airbox that holds the filter up.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1979-Honda-...ash=item216c2f518a:g:4OcAAOSwSa9eYsip&vxp=mtr

A spring clip that goes under the filter to hold it up with a slight amount of tension. Doesn't clip at all, simply slides in and side cover of box holds it in place. Can't believe how much somebody wants for it. The black end is the handle you push it in with. You can buy say a strip of flat steel 1/16" thick at Home Depot and make one up that would work fine.

Model doesn't matter, every early DOHC regardless of engine size used that same part.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1979-Honda-...ash=item216c2f518a:g:4OcAAOSwSa9eYsip&vxp=mtr

A spring clip that goes under the filter to hold it up. Can't believe how much somebody wants for it. The black end is the handle you push it in with. You can buy say a strip of flat steel 1/16" thick at Home Depot and make one up that would work fine.

Model doesn't matter, every early DOHC regardless of engine size used that same part.

That makes sense. I knew something should be there. Sounds good, Ill just make one like you suggested.

Hey AMC, you are very knowledgeable in the CB's. Where does one get sync screws? I need some for my 1982 CB650 but every place says not available. This was the part number I found: 16029-PC6-005. They look the same as my CB750 ones.

I would likely simply use the hardware store, not big on official Honda parts after the way some Honda techs have treated me in the past.

Also depends on exactly what you are calling a sync screw. the ones that plug the holes or the ones you actually adjust on the linkage?

(edit) I see.............. the ones you adjust with..................that'll be a dealer only part there, it is a screw with washer and spring incorporated as one assembly. Or bike scrapyard or ebay. The thread there is ultrafine and not found out in the marketplace.

Last edited:
I would likely simply use the hardware store, not big on official Honda parts after the way some Honda techs have treated me in the past.

Also depends on exactly what you are calling a sync screw. the ones that plug the holes or the ones you actually adjust on the linkage?

(edit) I see.............. the ones you adjust with..................that'll be a dealer only part there, it is a screw with washer and spring incorporated as one assembly. Or bike scrapyard or ebay. The thread there is ultrafine and not found out in the marketplace.

I know what you mean about the Honda Techs lol. I’ve had bad interactions as well. I feel like it’s just an industry thing, from what I’ve seen.

Yes, the ones you adjust. I’ll give the scrapyard a try. Thanks for the reply!

Back