• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Goo in oil? (semi-synthic seperating?) and White Smoke

Field

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other day I was getting white smoke out of my 1&2 engine pipe. Don't know why, it was hard to keep running unless I gave it throttle. I was worried it was running lean. I've tuned the carbs a bit richer, but when playing around the 3&4 gave off a little white smoke too.

My bike has been sitting over winter, but I put stabilize in the tank.

However this is what my dipstick looks like now, which is odd. I payed the $ for Lucas synthic motorcycle blend... (I can see how it wouldn't want to run with oil like this, but I was thinking maybe it just needs heat and it'd go back to normal?) Excuse the worst picture from a cheap camera phone... It looks kinda like whiet snot and lighter, mixed in with oil.

8576401062_214a36c6c6_z.jpg

Looks like you got some moisture in the oil. Having been sitting over the winter you got condensation in the oil tank. Should change the oil and get it out of there. As far as the running problem it will more than likely be bad fuel and some plugged or restricted jets in the carbs. Some people swear by Stabil but I have never really liked it. I have still gotten plug passages with using Stabil. After adding it to the tank you need to run the engine long enough to make sure you get the fuel with the Stabil into the carbs. Sounds to me like you have some bad fuel though as far as the running problem. White smoke out of the exhaust could just be more condensation in the cylinders and in the exhaust. Change oil and put new fuel in tank and give it a try.

Looks like you got some moisture in the oil. Having been sitting over the winter you got condensation in the oil tank. Should change the oil and get it out of there. As far as the running problem it will more than likely be bad fuel and some plugged or restricted jets in the carbs. Some people swear by Stabil but I have never really liked it. I have still gotten plug passages with using Stabil. After adding it to the tank you need to run the engine long enough to make sure you get the fuel with the Stabil into the carbs. Sounds to me like you have some bad fuel though as far as the running problem. White smoke out of the exhaust could just be more condensation in the cylinders and in the exhaust. Change oil and put new fuel in tank and give it a try.

Yeah I'm thinking that now too. But I've never owned one of these bikes before, never know when an idiosyncrasy might come up.

Back