750k8 brake issues

1. So I just recently did a quick restoration of the front caliper as well as adding some ss lines to it. Bled the system and everything is ok but every once in a while the front brake will feel squishy almost to the point to where I can easily pull it to the handle bar.
    2. I also recently swapped my back drum pads and ever since I got the bike the back brake swing arm couldn't attach (after find out the foot peg was on wrong). Now I got the brake arm to attach and work but the brake lever takes a least 2 inches to full engage the brake. I have adjusted the nut on the back but it starts to lock up the brake leaving me no room for adjustment.
    Anything helps thanks!

The brake arm on the back probably needs to be moved on the splines if you cant get the nut on the rod. Either that or the shoes are wrong or not in correct causing it to take up too much clearance on the internal cam. As far as the front goes if it still gets spongy then there is still air in the system or air is getting into the system from a tiny leak. Just because you bled it doesnt mean you got all the air out, you can still have bubbles that work out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigger View Post
    The brake arm on the back probably needs to be moved on the splines if you cant get the nut on the rod. Either that or the shoes are wrong or not in correct causing it to take up too much clearance on the internal cam. As far as the front goes if it still gets spongy then there is still air in the system or air is getting into the system from a tiny leak. Just because you bled it doesnt mean you got all the air out, you can still have bubbles that work out.
    I can get the nut on the rod. I think the splines might be off because when we first got the bike the footpeg fell past the little notch to keep it up. I can keep toying with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The drums are pretty simple. normally the nut rides about halfway down on the threads with about inch or more of the threads exposed.

The drums are pretty simple. normally the nut rides about halfway down on the threads with about inch or more of the threads exposed.
    You think I need a new Mc? Or do the old trick where u leave it engaged over night

Figured out the front brake the front axle was loose and made the rotor not straight. But another issue arises the front end is bouncing around 45mph the tire was balanced by a shop. Didn't do this before with the original 40 year old tires.

Its either out of balance, not seated right on the rim, tire not round or maybe they bent the rim changing the tire.

Its either out of balance, not seated right on the rim, tire not round or maybe they bent the rim changing the tire.
    Does it have to do anything with the axle seating on there properly? I had a shop balance it today. Bearings are fine