• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

return spring assembly help

cbrianroll

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Am in need of a pic of the assembly for 74 cb750 so I can figure out what the p.o. removed, lost, whatever.... normal parts Fiche isn't clear enough for me. Basically need a pic of the carb holder with everything installed except the carbs....thanks.

Good luck with that one. The way you posed the question in my view makes things worse. I can't say I've ever seen a pic of the no carb situation you ask for ever and on any bike at all. To begin with. Secondly, any such thing would be even more confusing with all the loose ends hanging off. Where do they all go? Puts you right back where you are now.

Okie dokie...let's retry....the p.o. has the return spring hooked to bolt screwed into the carb holder.....is there a proper name for it? I am not sure what else is missing or wrong. It is rideable but the spring is bent. I cant seam to load pictures...maybe it's my service? I'll try again...
I'll look into my terminology and to correct it also to get a better description.

This is how it is...

Attachments

• 20200610_192126.jpg
    20200610_192126.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 145
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMFxF-DAJmQ

Go there and 11:17 or so into the vid. He clearly shows the part shape there, it is simply a piece of flat plate steel sized big enough on the ends to fit into the middle carb holes in the side of the bodies. The spring hooks into the middle hole and the plate can slightly swing in its' end mounting holes to match the spring angle. You could easily make that plate out of say 1/8" thick material and simply drill a hole in the center for the spring.

Back