• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Can i use DOHC carbuertors on a SOHC engine

qbuck15

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a 1972 cb750 that did not come with the correct carbs and I'm unable to find sohc carb in my area for a decent price. however, there are carbs for a 1981 cb750 of a price am willing to pay. does anyone know where I could buy working carbs for a good price or if I could use the newer carbs on my sohc cb750?

They absolutely will not fit, the rack is too wide and the inlet is huge as compared to SOHC. Fitting them would be a nightmare, you would have to have a boatload of custom parts to do it. They are CV type too, less performance than the OEM SOHC carb. They are also tall enough they likely hit the fuel tank. Never mind the stock airbox.

I know I came by a free set of SOHC single cable carbs that I looked at close thinking they would go on a DOHC, there were a LOT of things to overcome to make them work. Different intake adapters and custom splitting and spacing of each carb on the rack were necessary.

I called that wrong, actually meant the single pull/push cable setup with mechanical linkage locking all 4 together, still Keihin 28 though. Sold them when I found they wouldn't work.

Back