• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Member - Ol' Honda...

lowriderbud

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello from east Texas. I got my '74 CB750-K four years ago from a guy who had done a partial restore on the bike after being stored in a barn for 18 years. He replaced most of the missing part, replaced seals and gasket that were easy to get to and made some electrical wiring repairs. The bike was not cosmetically appealing to me, but was a nice canvas to work from.

The bike starts and runs perfect. I like riding the bike and talking to folks about ol' Hondas. The discussions start with, "my first bike was just like this one, or my neighbor had a bike like this when I was growing up".

The paint is not original. It's now candy tangerine, the tank strips are painted not decals and '72 style strips not '74. The exhaust is 4 into 2 and need to be re-chromed. The turn signals are from a '76. The wheels are Lester and period correct.

Glad I found this forum. Hope I can contribute in some way.

Later, Bud...
74 Side Profile.JPG

Pretty bike, wish I could get mine to look like that.......

Also welcome...............

Crap, I wish I could just get it running good enough to ride.

Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragement, but the bike has moved on to a new home. A collector/dealer in Dallas bought it back in the spring. So my current project is a 1975 Goldwing. Came to my garage as a rolling chassis and three plastic tubs of undocumented parts and a botched set of carbs off an '82. It now runs on a single Solex carb on a homemade manifold. (The manifold is really made from a guy in Missouri, but I don't think that is his main business. Good workmanship and it works,) Got the bike licensed and inspected last week, but these ol' bike always need something else. Seems like a never ending project.

Later, Bud...

Attachments

• Right Side.JPG
    Right Side.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 153
Back