• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Worth restoring

DavidW

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Given a 1977 CB750K Stored in garage hasn’t run since 1987. compression 135 to 145. Carburetor must be rebuilt. New battery everything appears to work. Can’t figure out why after changing oil the tank oil won’t go into engine. Want any wisdom on the possible new project

Its a dry sump engine. The oil is held in the tank and circulated when running. only a couple of cups of oil should be in the engine pan. Guess I am not sure if I am understanding your question though so ....

Oil tank mystery

Its a dry sump engine. The oil is held in the tank and circulated when running. only a couple of cups of oil should be in the engine pan. Guess I am not sure if I am understanding your question though so ....
I put 2 quarts in and tank is full. Should take 3. Checked drain plug again nothing in block.

Shouldnt be anything in the engine just by filling the tank...it doesnt drain from the tank to the engine. When you drained the oil did you drain the tank as well? If the tank is empty it should hold the 3 qts, if you are only getting 2 qts in then you didnt get the tank drained.

Back