• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Engine test stand

HKsMike

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time lurker and I think first time poster. I'm in the final throes of rebuilding my '76 CB750F's engine. I'd like to start it and run it before I put it back in the frame. I thought I saw a couple pics of engine test stands that allowed this. I've since searched the web and this forum without success. Has anyone on line built such a beast?

Yeah a lot of people have built stands, kind of depends on how much time and money you want to spend on something you will only use one time. You can make a mount that fits on an automotive engine stand or a simple angle iron setup that bolt to the bottom and sits on the floor. You also need to make a mount for the oil tank, a fuel source etc. Then you will have to build up some temporary wiring to get it running. You can look on the Cyclex website and look at the pictures of how they mount their engines and run them. I found its not worth the hassle and just put it in the frame, all the wiring, hoses etc are all there just plug and play. I would spend the money on putting removable top frame tubes in instead of a test stand. Then you can do any repair in frame anyway.

There are kits available to make the two bars removable. You can not just cut them out leave them out, they are structurally important.

Back