• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member with a new to me 81 CB750C Costum

m6scout

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone this is my first post on here. I brought home an '81 CB750C Custom the other day with just under 3000 miles on it :D, the bike has some freckles in the chrome and a small scratch on the tank but other than that it looks brand new. I've been working on it for the last week replacing the fluids and getting her ready to fire up, on fire up the only issue I found was a clogged low speed jet in one of the carbs (caused one cylinder to run cold) but a little bit of Sea Foam took care of that issue. The original owner had sealed the tank with Kreme which is now peeling away so I've got a POR-15 tank sealer kit on the way, also on order are new tires (has original tires which are dry rotted), new chain, new battery. I can't wait to get this bike back on the road and ready for the warm weather. I plan on pulling the chrome pieces this winter and getting them redone and doing some touch up on the tank. I scored on this one!:thumbsup:

2013-03-12_18-19-14_123.jpg

I am not a DOHC fan at all. I think that paint scheme is one of the most beautiful designs ever put on a motorcycle.

Looks really clean from the picture.

The bike does look good, you have to look real close to see the imperfections in the chrome and the scratch in the tank is on the other side, it's fixable.

I am not a DOHC fan at all. I think that paint scheme is one of the most beautiful designs ever put on a motorcycle.

I have to agree with you on the paint scheme, I'm going to keep it original just do some touch up on the scratch.

Back