• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

82 750 nighthawk

Feanix_27

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Need help, removed headlight dish and signal mounts to powder coat. Can’t figure out he wiring thought it was simple but messed up. I have the front signal lights working as well as the front running lights with the orange/black/blue wires with the double connector ends. I have three wires that are not connected..blue/white , orange/white , and the brown one. They all have female bullet ends and I don’t know what to plug into them?? I have no ignition rear brake or rear running light. Any help would be appreciated

Ok. So the brown wire and the black wire with double female bullet ends are not connected to anything in the the light bucket. On mine the black run the running lights, but I’m going try that diagram tomorrow and it’s a way better diagram that I’ve seen

I did what the schematic shows but only had flashers and no running light as well as no ignition and tail light? The black double end one work for running lights just don’t know what to connect to the blue/white, orange/white and the brown. All worked before I unhooked the wires. This is driving me nuts.

You just admitted the brown hangs loose per diagram so why are you questioning that again? The blue/white and orange/white are the front running lights. They hook up at the light sockets. You are NOT doing what schematic shows or it would all be working. Or damaged something. Black does NOT power the running lights. If you just admitted you saw the black stays unhooked then why are we using it?????

Driving yourself crazy there. That schematic is not 'way better' it is THE factory way to do it and then you build off of it with any changes, mismatching will bite you hard. But then you already know that.

You need a brown, black and green connector left over, they get used if somebody ordered the Honda fairing.

I tried a test light on the blue and orange with whites and no power, they power on with the black to the brown or running light wires directly to black. Right now the only way to get the running lights is with direct to black. And still no ignition

I put a ton of work into this bike and now it bites me in the ass. Don’t think it is worth repairing, and having no ignition to even start is worse

That's called 'personification' when you give sentient properties to a device that cannot think. Impossible of course.

You at least realize you as the thinking person are the issue there, meaning you screwed you. That's a good start.

Look here. There is NO magic there and freaking out only makes it worse. Sit back and drink a beer. I won't as I don't drink, unless it's a Coke. It's just a frigging bundle of wires.

I figure out problems in 5 miles of wire and thousands of connections on modern electronic cars among other things. I could have that bike running in ten minutes but I'm not there to do it. So, if you will be patient a bit we'll look at it but doing it over the net is often a problem and requires baby steps. The communication issues being what they are. Like here. When you run the several problems together it becomes a morass. Take the ignition, you say you don't have it but if the kill switch is activated you won't. You gotta say EVERYTHING or a waste of MY time if not yours.

First off, go to the ignition switch and check both the connector and thee bottom of the switch, if somebody changed it to one of the newer Chinese ones, they often pull apart at the bottom plastic to make problems like you seem to have. The bottom will be slightly loose and no power like that. And check all fuses AGAIN at the handlebar. I check and recheck fuses all the time, only an idiot (NOT you of course) doesn't, you can pop a fuse doing something and the rest of the day wasted chasing spooks. I may recheck fuses 10 times doing the work. It's verification.

No power at the /whites says the brown/white to the turn signal handlebar switch has no power, and where the blue and orange whites get theirs from. That brown/white gets power from the ignition switch and check for power at the ignition switch connection while flipping ignition on.

One thing at a time although if you find one you may find more to cure more than one problem. But you NEVER focus on all at once, they then overwhelm you.

I stupidly wrecked my car once and the fire department cut like a hundred wires in every main harness they could find under the hood (to stop fires). All that fixed using same harnesses and running without a hiccup since '08. I also had to rewire the two main fuseboxes too as they were shattered to pieces in the wreck.

It's just wires, nothing to get upset over.

So I have power to the ignition switch via the black/red and nothing coming from the switch to solonoid on the yellow/reformed the green/red. Still no running lights but I have flashers and the turn indicators on the cluster. Going to see if I could find a switch somewhere looks like a nightmare to change but I’ll get it done all the fuses are good too

Ya if jump the push button everything seems to work. Just have to find a button somewhere and hopefully it all works

Problem solved. It was the red connector in the headlight bucket. Played with it and bamm running lights and ignition. Your help was much appreciated, thank you

Back