• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

new here with mystery cb750...

cbrianroll

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello all, got a cb750 from a buddy today, he said it's a 78, I cant find any markings on the frame except a small tag on left frame lower. ( will show in a pic when I'm in a better area.) The motor if I read it correctly is a 74. Its beat up but rideable, needs some love though. First off I'll need help figuring out exactly what the years are!! Then I'll start a proper project / question thread. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Frame vin is on the steering stem. Will be stamped in the frame. Engine number is stamped in the case right behind the starter cover. Need both number to determine year of frame and engine.

Frame vin is on the steering stem. Will be stamped in the frame. Engine number is stamped in the case right behind the starter cover. Need both number to determine year of frame and engine.

Nothing there I can see yet, sanded a bit, should have seen it by now I would think. There is that tag on the arm, maybe that's the legal number to replace the original??

All honda frames have the number stamped in the steering head on the left side with a tag riveted on the right side unless it has had some serious frame mods or an aftermarket frame of some sort.

I was just told pretty much that...we are now assuming it has been modded somehow and that it is a 74 that was inspected and licensed in 78. So unless I find strange this when I tear it down wee sticking with that lol!

Back