• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

How to replace the rear turn signals on a 92 Nighthawk

eps1234

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi! I am trying to figure out how to replace the rear turn signals with new replacement ones for my 1992 Nighthawk 750... the BikeMaster ones that match the original Honda part... the front seemed to be pretty close and I was able to do the front no problem as the connections were in the headlight mount and easy to get to... but I cant see where the connections are for the rear. I have the seat off and front fearing... do I need to try to open up the rest of the side to get to the connections or am i missing something.. If I do need to take the other panels off any suggestions on how to do that? Alternatively would it be easier to just splice in the new turn signal wires with the existing ones to avoid taking other parts of the bike apart? I am a totally newbie just trying to figure out how to do a few things myself. Appreciate any help folks can offer!!

Chase removing other parts first. It is silly to cut wires if the parts are supposed to be direct fit and if you cut with them outside of your covers you will have endless problems with weather wrecking your connections to cause electrical issues. Your covers there are what make the electrical live.

makes sense! thanks for the advice... I took a look at the service manual and it does not look that hard to take the rear fairing off... only question is the manual says "Remove the shock absorber upper mounting bolts, collars and washers." do I need to do anything to make sure the shock stays in place when that bolt come out? just don't want the thing to fly off :)

oh, thanks so much that makes sense! thanks for the help!! I'll let you know if I'm successful after this weekend :)

Back