• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 CB750C Engine install questions

Shoenfeltj

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 CB750C and as i was reinstalling the engine i noticed a gap between the top mounting bracket and the frame above the gearbox. And i put both spacers into position and put the bolt through and there is still a gap. I am wondering what i am missing ? (I have done some diggin on the internet and i cant seem to find anyone that has done a detailed install for the engine)

Not really a spacer although the top serves as one. Considered part of the engine, it is a chain derailing prevention device. Should be bolted onto engine before it ever goes into frame.

The terminology is no issue, just that you are right about the 'a while' thing. I always have them on engine already and why it would never pop up as a problem. Others do differently. I need to remember that.

It’s been a hell of a fight to get this thing back to rights. I had the engine out because it had never been touched, spent at least thirty hours cleaning and prepping the engine as it was in rough shape. Same with the frame. Luckily I didn’t have to paint the wheels, but four hours each and a box of magic erasers is definitely a workout! Now that the engine is hard mounted I can start getting this thing back together!

It’s been a hell of a fight to get this thing back to rights. I had the engine out because it had never been touched, spent at least thirty hours cleaning and prepping the engine as it was in rough shape. Same with the frame. Luckily I didn’t have to paint the wheels, but four hours each and a box of magic erasers is definitely a workout! Now that the engine is hard mounted I can start getting this thing back together!

Curious what you use the magic erasers for on the engine?? You get them at Lowe’s?

Just recently bought a 1980 and the engine could use some cleaning...looking for some good techniques to get the anodized? On the engine cases clean

Thanks in advance

Back