• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hello from Colorado, new member here!

750FSS

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just picked up a little project bike last night. '79 CB750F. tons of spare parts, spare motor, etc. Hasn't been ridden in years and I'm still a little unsure of the motor's status, but it was free, so....teardown and evaluation begins this weekend. Glad to meet everyone! Photos to come soon.
e31ec96fcf6791e255ecde545a39e45c.jpg
d04121ad5e7c44035d93432d8c1ef4c6.jpg

Get/use an OEM airbox, they run better than with filters like that.

Compression test to see how bad the valves are, nobody ever sets them and why the engines are not running when you get them. Most have the carbs off too since they think the running issues are them. They CAN be though, the carb design has made grown men cry. Most clean them 3 times before they run right.

Nice, thanks for the input. I do believe there's a stock airbox in one of the boxes. I'm also at 9000 feet above sea level here, so I figured the open filters were someone's attempt at getting more oxygen into the motor. Everything carbureted runs like a pig up here. Good to know about the valves, apparently the last owner broke the cam chain which is why the spare motor(which I'm told runs great) was part of the deal.

Back