• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member, 1981 CB750K

prackers

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I haven't rode for a while. When I was 14-15 I used to "borrow" my father's Honda 750, it must have been a 73 or 74. Great memories.

Found a 1981 CB750K with 18K miles on it. Rode it home, but I want to get a fuel filter on it before I ride again. The seller let me know that he pulled it to get it started. It was a good enough price that I accept the risks. I hope to get rid of the small areas of rust (no frame damage as far as I can tell), maybe paint it next winter, enjoy it!

I found VB750 dot com in Canada, other suggestions for parts? I ordered a couple fuel filters, a bit set, and some grips, we will see how they do.

Also, I am 6-3, with multiple knee surgeries so the bike is a bit cramped, I am thinking cruising pegs or something to make it more comfortable on the longer rides. Advice on that and nearly anything else appreciated.

Best,
Peter

Get or assure the valves have been recently set, the most common reason for them not running right after carb issues of which may overwhelm you.

Partsnmore.com is in Canada and pretty cheap on parts.

If they use ethanol in your fuel the OEM tube filter will likely not stop rust from hitting the carbs, some of it is so fine it goes right through that filter.

Back