• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Charging

Ajsharp991

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Battery is freshly charged. Only getting 13.3-13.5 volts at 5k rpm. Totally refinished the bike so I have replaced the rotor, brushes, stator, R/R, battery, harness. I made sure my connections and frame grounds were clean and tight. Rotor resistance is within range at 5.4 ohms. Removed my frame ground wire and resistance is 0.0. Hooked battery voltage to black and white wire going to brushes and measured 40 VAC between all three yellows. Someone help point me in the right direction please. This is the last hurdle before I can ride. Thanks!

http://www.cb750c.com/publicdocs/charging_system/genesound_charging_system.html

The rotor is the issue 9 times out of 10, they can check as good and be bad when the windings then move under centrifugal force to mess up, slow down rpm and they go back to working right. I drove home 80 miles one night at 40 mph, the bike lost charge at anything over that. There are a thousand variations of that same issue.

Need to learn how to check the diodes too. Your volts could be one breaking down.

If bike is driven long enough with bad rotor it then makes the regulator go bad too.

Solved. I dug up some old parts I had specifically a few old regulators I forgot I had and one of them charged just fine. I guess I'll be shipping he new r/r back to electrosport for evaluation.

Back