• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750 swingarm bushing size

You will likely be looking for an EXACT size to the decimal as the OD light pressfits into the arm tubing. You hammer them in lightly. So you need to estimate the amount of press (interference) there.

I don't have clue as to the size but the bushings are available already in brass.

https://cbxperformance.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=308

There is rough measurement there but not exact enough for the pressfit.

Last edited:
Yeah, needing the exact size, I have my swingarm jig set up for the 750 arm now and am welding them up, just don't have my final tooling made yet to finish the critical dimensions yet. Thanks for the link.

Les Holt

Measure the bore in arm tubing and then increase the number by .0005"-.0010" for the press. Bear in mind the ID may shrink a bit with the press.

The exposed opening measures a non nominal size, I don't find these kind of measurements when measuring stock stuff so, unless I pull the good bushing out, probably ruining them, I'm left with asking. I'm sure I'll end up ordering a set to get the measurements and no issue here figuring out the amount of press needed.

THanks

Les Holt

Got it, had assumed they were already out. If OEM then likely plastic ones and why the brass or bronze ones are better. Used them in my 550, the same size and pressed in fine and worked great.

I've got a 65 Rambler American 440H, doing a single turbo LS swap, ford 9" and 3.50 gears. Had a little of everything but dig ole ramblers.

before any work 1.jpgbefore any work 1.jpg

We had a couple of Hurst S/C Rambler Americans around the shop for a while, the ones with the factory hood scoop and the 390 4 speed. Our street race car was a beater full weight AMX single 4 bbl. 390 that ran 10.70s 1/4 mi. @130+ mph through the mufflers. We beat 454 Camaros and 426 true Hemi Mopar cars with it all day long. Not really fair though, most around here thought they knew how to build engines but usually couldn't. Later on we had a smallblock '64 Chevy II that ran in the nines with a 2 speed Powerglide. We did carb only, no super-c or turbo at all.

We called the Ramblers Kelvinators for the refrigerator line, it just made other people even madder.

Back