• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB350 rebuild

dirtdigger

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
IMG_20200313_161535_225.jpgIMG_20200313_161535_227.jpg

Doing a 1973 CB350f rebuild for a local custom car shop. Been sitting for 10 years. I'm going to be doing all the mechanical work and car shop will be doing frame and body work. Should be fun. Let me know if there is any interest in following the build and if I should post pictures of the rebuild.

20200402_192416.jpg20200404_203141.jpg
Frame back from paint, they did a really nice job. Started assembly, new wire harness from 4into1.com. Looks like good quality.

20200402_192428.jpg20200402_192444.jpg
Engine going back together. Had low compression on two cylinders. Same 2 cylinders had gummed up carbs, looks like gas leaked into cylinders and gummed up the rings. Bottom end looked like brand new so new seals and buttoned it up. Bores and pistons all within spec so honed and new rings. Disassembled head cleaned all carbon out quick lap on seats new seals and good to go.

Do you ever notice how big some parts tend to stay even with displacements that small? Cam for instance. The carbs are as big as the engine top end is. And charging parts.

That looks interesting Got any updates on this? I'm planning to do some changes to my bike this year and I'm currently looking for new exhaust at 4WheelOnline.

He still posts here but 99% 750 SOHC stuff. He likely dropped off there for no response. If you PM him or wait until he pops up in the SOHC section I'm sure he'd tell you.

Bike is finished and delivered this summer to the owner. Didnt get much updates, I own a road construction business and a firearm business and mechanic work on the weekends so my time on here is limited. Try to update and answer when I can and moderate posts as I can.

The build was basically a stock rebuild. Customer had tins painted to his spec. I will have to see if I can find a couple of finished photos.

I had good luck with the parts from 4into1.com Not familiar with the place you are looking at getting your exhaust.

Back