• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

year of manufacture?

Ronb

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I bought this motorcycle 2 years ago and I am slowly getting it ready for the road, it was reregistered in United Kingdom in 1999. I wrote to Honda gb for a certificate of conformity to get exact manufacture date. They sent certificate stating manufacture date being 27 Dec 1989, now all my research says the kz was only made between 1978-1982. Can anyone help identify year please? Thankyou.

Honda cb750kz frame no RC01-1000402
engine no RC01-1000436

Are you sure the second '1' is correct? ALL DOHC should have begun with 2000-XXX numbers, no 1000-XXX. The first 2000 is actually 2000049, I guess they built roughly 50 bikes to check out the line and assembly quality. That last number is for the first K(Z) in 1979, what RC01 is for. K model '79-'83.

Where is your frame ID plate that normally is riveted to the steering head?

Pic the bike, it may not be what you think at all.

Year of manufacture

Thanks for quick reply. Just checked frame and that is definitely number stamped on headstock. Will try to post picture when I figure out how

Last edited:
Asked Honda GB to recheck date of manufacture and received email apologising for their mistake they now say 27th dec 1978. If you look in gallery Mark A album his honda cb750k is exactly the same as mine. Same colour, decals etc.
Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply. As to the serial number being 1000xxx and not 2000xxx will probably always remain a mystery.😂

Back