• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Trying to re-attach front brake calipers on 1982 CB750C

Funkateer

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Pretty new around here, (first post), but I've been enjoying reading the forums.

I've got a 1982 CB750C (Custom) with the dual front calipers... when I got it the calipers were in a box... so it's come time to re-attach them and I'm seeing that all the bolts are not also in the box.

Most of the bolts I need I've been able to find online but I need two bolts described as FLANGE (8X48) 90180-MA5-771 and I can't seem to find anywhere with stock.

Some say it's temporarily unavailable, one said it's been discontinued.

Does anyone know where I can find one or have a suggestion for if it has been discontinued?

Thanks so much!

Likely NLA.

8 mm. bolt maybe 1.25 thread and 2 inches long, add a washer under it to make the length closer to the 48 of the spec. At least 10.8 property class bolt. Ace Hardware will have them.

The washer spreads out the load a bit better than bolt head alone. FYI, a flange bolt is a hex head bolt with the washer molded with it to be round instead of 6 sided.

Yes, that would likely work. Make sure the 1.25 thread pitch is correct by screwing bolt in by hand before putting the wrench to it. Most 8 on motorcycle are 1.25 but a few aren't.

Back