• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 750c cam rebuild

Funkmethod

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 cb750c. Im trying to finish my engine build but I'm stuck putting the A-L cam holders on because Im missing one of the dowel pins that insert into the shaft and holder. But i have one extra long one for some reason. The short ones are 8x20 that Is the majority of them and this extra long one is 8x26. I found the schematic for it and it shows the 8x26 hanging out over by the A holder but no clear indication of where it goes. Anyone have any insight or had this issue before? Here is the link to the picture. The short ones of which im missing is labeled #24 and the extra long one i ended up with is #23. https://imgur.com/a/nTYZbEX

The long one is one of the ones to the tach drive cap with the gear on it. It gets one long and one short one. Don't ask me why Honda does that but it does.

FYI, lower your torque on those bolts to 6-8 instead of 10, they strip out the head threads all day long at 10 and you may well be already stripped there, very common. The bolts will not back off at the lower number, it's already tested.

Back