• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 LTD Paint Color

Bloody Mary

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need a small amount of touch-up paint for the top portion of the tank. Believe one of the colors is R-104C-U Candy muse red, however, I think this is the lighter red color. Can't seem to find code or color for the darker tank top.
Appreciate any help.
Tanks!

If you have some excess paint amount you might try mixing the faintest amount of black in the lighter color to see if it approaches the darker color. Not all two tones do that but many do.

If you have a good eye for color then a strong light on both will pretty much settle it. Careful, it does not take nearly as much black to go too far as one thinks and you can always add more.

I used to match corporation trademark emblem colors all the time that had no numbers to begin with, you had to tell them how to get there.

Thank you. Will consider. My wife worked for PPG for 35 years....she has a much better eye for color. Truthfully, for the minuscule amount that I need, trying to match auto touch-up pens might be easier.
Appreciate the reply. Thank you.

Always if possible match to BIGGER samples, the smaller they get the more error you will have matching. I used to sell touchup paint too and can tell you that say in the metallic reds you can have 5 numbers that 'match' in very small spots and shoot the paint on bigger samples and the differences become striking.

Let it dry well too, some colors will change tint as they dry, I'm sure she knows that too.

FYI, often candy colors are transparent and depend on the correct base color below them to hit proper tint. Gold or silver usually.

Back