• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1976 fuel tank on a 1972 CB750

ejohnston

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Ive run into some trouble while trying to hook up my fuel lines.
Hopefully this question hasn't been addressed before but I couldn't seem to find it.

My tank's (which ive concluded must be from a 1976) petcock is on the left side and is made for one hose to plug in. The problem is my K2 carbs have two fuel lines which end at the right side. Im pretty sure I could just reroute to the other side so thats not a big deal but what do you guys think I should do about the two hoses into the single connector?

would it be easier to buy and install a K2 petcock from cb750 supply? (I couldn't tell how it installs, but it didn't look threaded) or is there some way I could split the line coming from the petcock to supply both hoses?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

let me know if I dont make sense and I can upload some photos.

There are plastic T connectors you can get on eBay that work well. The diameter of the petcock is bigger than your carb inlets so make sure you get the right size connector. I put my HD tanks on my '70 750 chop and it works fine.

I like to use brass fittings for the strength factor and wont bend and break when they get hot. I have seen plastic fuel filters warp because of the heat generated during the summer.

So true. The single line petcock will work with a T just ensure you don't reduce the fuel with a restrictive fitting size. make sure your t fitting hasn't got flash blocking the ports, that's common. Some left hand tanks use the 72 petcock some screw on. IF its the same just swap the petcock over. T fitting simplest and easiest, cheapest

Ordered!!! Thanks alot guys for your help. Its always good news when there is a simple fix.

cyclebuster, excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by this?
make sure your t fitting hasn't got flash blocking the ports, that's common.

also is there any rule about where the T should be installed? ex: as close to the petcock as possible? or does that not matter so much?

Thanks again everyone.

flash is plastic or whatever its made from leaking past the mold and sometimes nearly blocking the fuel flow. just look it over good

Back