• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New to the site

DaveL

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey there.

my name is Dave, from Canada eh!

long time honda lover , currently rebuilding my fathers old lawn ornament . 77 cb750k. I grew up on the back and watched it go from gem to rust. he got it back in '80 from a guy who lived near his job site. i had sat outside and hardly driven since new. i grew up helping him clean/ fix it up. He used to have the white vetter fairing(yuk) , saddles and the trunk. back in 1999 i had changed it back to the headlight etc. .
shortly after that he had some heart problems and parked the bike. I watched it slowly sink into the grass in the yard until i was able to tear it from his hands in 2011. (he didnt want to see it go) .

i have been working on it for about a year now. Im not as far as i would like to be but hey life is busy and supplies are expensive.plus i am doing all this in my basement laundry room. :)

So far i have completely redone the motor, glass beaded the casings, polished the covers, wheels, carbs, etc. and started chopping the frame.

Thought i would share some history to introduce myself.

Welcome to the site eh!

Sounds like quite the project. Have any pictures? I'd like to see one of it sunk in the yard and one now.

I saw a GT750 leaning against a fence once, and stopped in. They were broke as a joke in January, and I was a long way from home. The bike was sunk up to the rims and frozen solid. It took 3 of us several hours of chopping and melting the dirt with hot water to free the wheels and stands from the dirt. The got some cash, and I got a real cool suzy.

DSCF0171.jpgDSCF5540.jpg

somewhat a before and after,. i was almost done then i backtracked. didnt like the rear end. i wanted a true rigid, not just struts. . . then i got a deal on a new tank and rear fender. so now it is back in the basement cut to pieces! the recent pic was just a quick put together to test the motor after the build. it had sat for soo long and it was parked dry and with a blown head gasket.

DSCF0166.jpgDSCF5008.jpgDSCF5010.jpg . unfortunately there was not that much usable in original parts. the gas tank was rotten through the bottom, rust about 8" thick in the bottom, the 4 pipes were rotten and fell apart when i took them off. i was left with a pretty solid frame, a dried out motor, rusty wheels. out here the parts are next to impossible to find. never even complete bikes come up for sale . to go custom pretty much was my only option.

Back