• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tank stripe/decal

Edward Buck

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi first post on. this site - new member

I am rebuilding a'71 CB750 and have had the tank repainted. I need to add the stripe or 'Decal' to each side of the tank. It looked like the original was painted on. I assume having it repainted is the correct way to do it but what if you use a decal? Does it work, do you need to put a clear. coat lacquer on it?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

https://www.partsnmore.com/parts/honda/cb750k/?filters[category]=accessories&filters[fitting]=custom&filters[year]=1971

Decals somewhere on that page, other suppliers may have them too. The decals get a clearcoat over them to make them last much longer.

Thanks very much - I think the stripes on my tank are painted on not decals - I sanded them off so they were definitely paint. I just wondered if they should be painted

Thanks, mine is a 1970 K1 so would have been painted - I guess this is a pretty skilled job, I don't think I could do this my self. I have heard that clear coat can react with the decals though. I will try some off the tank first to see if I get a reaction
thanks for the response

Back