• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What are the handlebar measurements for 1980 CB750F sport control?

esbern

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I am going to start fixing up my 1980 CB750F this year. It has the "sport control kit" which includes the sport handlebars, but the previous owner replaced them with something different and the handlebars hit the gas tank now when I turn. Does anyone know the dimensions of the proper sport handlebars (not the standard handlebars) for the CB750F - or if you have one, would you mind measuring it up for me? Apparently I need to know width, rise, pullback and centre dimensions to buy a new set of handlebars.
It doesn't look like the sport handlebar is available through Honda parts dealers anymore.

Jesus CHrist I thought I was the only one with this problem!

Same thing for me, the previous owner replaced the original handlebar with a flat one so it hits the tank, but only when turning to the right (weird?).
I think you'll have to get one from the internet, as long as the diameter stays the same you can practically choose any model (with a bit of rise of course, so it doesn't hit the tank anymore).

I'm currently looking to fix the problem on my side, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Cheers.

Any 7/8" diameter bar, that's a million different ones. If using the OEM plastic switching you will have to deal with removing index pegs that locate the switches so that the stock orientations are held to. I can't remember if the OEM bars had holes cut to hide harnesses in or not.

Unfortunately that,s not true I just ordered some and they did not fit the center width was supposed to be 5" and that would have been fine but when I measured the actual center width that was flat that I could clamp to was only 4" a lot of the companies do not give good measurements like clamp width. I was hoping maybe someone had a recommendation maybe even pics. I have a 1980 cb750f

Pics are worthless for telling the difference in four inches to five, unless you have scaleable eyes. And, all you have proven is that there are a million and one handlebars out there, I'm still telling you a million fit them. Not literally of course but more than you can count.

Having measurements is worthless to you if like you seem to say they were supposed to be 5" yet they weren't. No way to address that other than having part in hand my friend.

If looking to replicate what the OP here was doing then look at the typical bar called 'superbike' or similar name. Not a brand, rather a type, they are shorter than OEM F bars are and work well with sport type mirrors. Some don't like them though; you bend forward a bit more to reach them, they are like a racer's bar.

I just went out and measured my old K&N 'Freddie Spencer Superbike' bar, the center is just at 5" (needs like 4.5" to clear clamps) with a 1.675" or so rise then 8" ends, the ends tuck up so that slightly rotating the bar makes the ends dead level or a bit more they swing up if you like that. Overall width 28". Perfect for a hotrod. The OEM F bike bar is higher in lift and a few inches wider.

I've even used the clubman type bars that imitate clipons before, you just have to adjust parts so no tank contact occurs, if not willing to do that then one could say most of them do not fit. With mine my nose was right over the gauges and nothing still hit and had plenty of hand room. It's all in how you swing the rotation.

pics of someones cb 750f with different handlebars and maybe a brand would have been helpful thats all I was looking for , maybe a , hey I have an 1980 or 81 or whatever cb super sport and I bought these bars and they worked great here is a pic of my bike. not 5 paragraphs of someones useless smartass bullshit

Thank you.

You were the one that posted this??????????............................'a lot of the companies do not give good measurements'............'recommendations'...........'brand'........'worked great'............I addressed those.

What part of YOUR OWN apparently corrupted english did you not understand? The measurements are close to what the sport bars do, but you gotta LOOK at the title of the thread...........and after I did all that measuring for you, what an a--.

I'll leave you alone, you don't need me as an enemy (in fact you show couldn't handle it, because I hadn't even started it yet), you got the other 7 billion people out there to worry about with attitude like that. Please write back and tell us how the brick wall vs. head thing is working out......................my bars always fit,...and yours?

LOL.

Last edited:
Back