• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oh no, I need a new SOHC cylinder/barrel

isambard1000

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Short version: I need a CB750 K4 barrel, I’m based in the UK!

Long version: I’m new to this, I bought a CB750 K4 restoration project on eBay. The engine was seized, it felt like an achievement to get it apart. One of the cylinders was badly corroded and so I sent the barrel to get a rebore.

Unfortunately, one of the cylinders is too badly corroded for a rebore (well, it has been rebored to about 0.72 oversize but it is still corroded/scored and the engineer tells me that taking it to 0.75 oversize won’t remedy).

So... I need either a new barrel, sleeves, or 1.0 oversize pistons. 1.0 oversize pistons don’t seem to be available, the engineer recommends a new barrel.

I can’t find any on eBay, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks for your message... I subsequently found a couple on eBay (in the EU rather than the States because shipping doubles the price from the States). The guy doing the rebore advises me that it might be possible to take the sleeves out of a second-hand barrel and install in my barrel (if the fins on a second-hand barrel are damaged). I considered a 836 kit but this is an expensive option - not just the kit but boring too which costs far more than a rebore.

Back