• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New CB750F owner

Daver1100rt

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello CB folks- yesterday I purchased a barn find 78 CB750F really cheap, (should I tell you how cheap?) but in need of a lot of love. looks like 14k miles. Stuck engine, filthy and all of the chrome has been painted black. It does look complete and is not all smashed up. Seems like it's all there except the turn signals. Oh, and ignition keys! My plan before the winter hits us is to get the engine unstuck. Gonna try the Marvel mystery oil with about a week of penetrating time. Not in any hurry, but gradually I'd like to bring her back. I've always loved the Supersports! Dave in Marcellus, NY

I just finished a 75 Super Sport (cafe racer) and I have some random parts I will share. You staying stock? Let me know if you run into any issues!

Dave

Greenie- Yes I'd like to keep her pretty much stock, but I'd like to see if I can get her running before I start throwing a bunch of money in. As I'm going through I am finding missing parts, but the bike came with some extra parts. Currently it looks like it needs:

clutch cable, maybe a choke cable (although I'm patiently using PB blaster) Throttle cable (don't remember) a lower air box, rear fender and taillight (have a lens), ignition switch with key, and center stand. It has a spoke wheel on the back, like to get a comstar to match the front. glass headlight is broken.

It came with several chrome fenders, 2 extra sets of carbs, headlight bucket and various smaller bits and pieces.

Glad to pay postage for any old parts you want to get rid of. Dave

25- id love to have your rear fender (plastic right?) are you offering it for the cost of shipping or for sale? Trying not to spend money on it yet till i see if i can get her running. Dave

Back