• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oh crud - rear brake master cylinder is toast. Ideas on replacement?

tdskip

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I went to rebuild the rear brake master on my 1980 CB750F and the circlip is completely rusted in place and won't budge. It is so stuck that even after wire brushing one of the eyes on the circlip snapped off.

I've searched but can't seem to find a replacement M/C, everything is listed as unavailable.

Is there an alternative part that I can swap in?

Thanks for the help!

Go to CB1100F.net, register for free and ask there, they have used thinking a Hurricane 600 one or close, it swaps pretty easy.

Good morning and thank you for the response. I imagine that I need to keep the boar the same so as not to upset the balance of the bike with the original size and whatever I end up replacing it with, is that correct?

Thanks!

I went to rebuild the rear brake master on my 1980 CB750F and the circlip is completely rusted in place and won't budge. It is so stuck that even after wire brushing one of the eyes on the circlip snapped off.

I've searched but can't seem to find a replacement M/C, everything is listed as unavailable.

Is there an alternative part that I can swap in?

Thanks for the help!

Hi mate I’m in Sydney I might have one floating around if you want to pay postage to send it to where you are.

Back